Currently working on:

Attacking - My tournament results suffered greatly because I was so focused on defense. Now that I have a solid defense, it's time to build my offense. If you are attacking, they are defending. If they are defending, they are losing.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Brotherhood

On the long (and lovely) walk and bus ride home from jiu jitsu tonight, I pondered a thought which has been sticking to the back of my mind like some strangely powerful adhesive.

Ever since I was 7, I was prone to making friendships with people, and then moving away to a different city only to make more friendships, and move again. This has been a serious problem in "stability" you could say. I've never lived in one place for more than a year or two, so things come and go, and I've learned to flow with it. What has always lasted though, is those friendships that were forged with certain people along the way. I guess this may because of things like cellphones, email, facebook and other social connections that are provided in the world today. Or this could be because of a serious concept that I have not come to realize until recently.

I will make this simple, because I'm tired and have to get one last meal in before the night is over. We are nothing without our brothers. Everyone goes through struggles, everyone has hardships, everyone changes throughout time as they mature, and people cry, and die, and fight, and kill, and are full of joy, and happy, and things happen that you just can't always control. Sometimes people pick up their homes and move every year or two, and sometimes you might do something as little as say the wrong thing to a friend and make them upset. Because of this we form relationships with others to "vent" out our hardships, and maybe you don't, but you know you wish you did.

When all the eggs are scrambled my friends, we are nothing without our brothers, and forever I will struggle with you, my brothers. Forever I will fight for what I believe in with you, my brothers, and I will eventually take the path that only my footsteps can take, but it will be with you, my brothers.

What is brotherhood, and what does it mean to you?

Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment